HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 is a premium-performance low-ash, dispersancy and detergency-type gas engine lubricant, offering robust component protection even under heavy loads, and is designed for use in natural gas applications.
HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 is formulated with a premium base oil, offering extremely low sulphur, nitrogen and aromatic content, in combination with ashless dispersant and oxidation inhibitors, with a metallic detergent and anti-wear additive system. HDAX 9200
Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 offers reliable corrosion resistance and good combustion chamber deposit protection. Good piston deposit control helps minimise ring sticking. HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 oxidation and nitration resistance performance is designed to minimise viscosity increases in service.
- Designed for latest generation high output, turbocharged, low emission 4-cycle engines requiring low ash lubricant technology.
- Formulated with a combination of premium base oils and high-performance additives for extended oil drain
- High resistance to oxidation and nitration coupled with strong base retention characteristics help to prolong oil service life
- Offers combustion chamber and piston deposit control, liner protection, sludge and wear control and corrosion protection
- Helps minimise valve recession and combustion chamber deposits, minimising the potential for pre-ignition and spark plug fouling
- Low fluid volatility helps reduce oil consumption
- HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 is suited to new generation high output, turbocharged, low emission 4-cycle engines requiring low ash lubricants and is recommended for use in natural gas applications
- HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 also meets the more demanding needs of high-speed 4-cycle gas engines in cogeneration applications
- HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 is formulated to meet catalyst compatibility requirements with low phosphorus levels
- HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 is suitable for use with fuels containing low levels of sulphur and chloro-fluoro-carbons (CFC). In sour gas/high CFC applications, lubricants with a higher base reserve may be required
Approvals, performance and recommendations
- Caterpillar CG132, CG170 and CG260 engines
- GE Jenbacher TA 1000-1109, Fuel Class A  for the following engine types and versions, extended oil change intervals:
- Type 2 and 3
- Type 4 (versions A and B)
- Type 4 (from version C)
- Type 6 (versions C and E)
- Type 6 (from version F)
- MWM (Caterpillar Energy Solutions): Gas Engines
- RMB/Energie: Natural gas
- TEDOM 61-0-0281.1: Fuel types G (natural gas), P (propane/butane)
- Waukesha: Cogeneration applications
- Proof of Performance gained during extensive field trials in Caterpillar 3516 E+ and 3516 TALE engines
 Natural gas, associated petroleum gas, mine gas, biogas (sulphur< 200 mg/10 kWh).
Letter of approval to perform a field test has been obtained from Liebherr.
Typical Test Data
|Viscosity Grade||SAE 40|
|Density at 15°C, kg/l||ASTM D4052||0.874|
|Kinematic viscosity at 100°C, mm²/s||ASTM D445||13.4|
|Pour Point, °C||ASTM D5950||-33|
|Flash Point, COC, °C||ASTM D92||278|
|Total Base Number, mg KOH/g||ASTM D2896||4.2|
|Sulphated Ash, %wt||ASTM D874||0.41|