FSM Performs Cold Cast Iron Welding at Major American Hydroelectric Plant Equipment Repair Facility
Field System Machining (FSM) was recently asked to perform cold cast iron welding at a major American hydroelectric plant equipment repair facility. Since 1978, we’ve pioneered or refined numerous innovative welding techniques.
For example, our revolutionary FSM 01-625 cold cast iron welding system is one of only a handful in existence that quickly and easily produces welds of exceptional strength on most ferrous and nonferrous metals, without the need for conventional preheat, post heat or stress relieving. It readily joins dissimilar metals, is easily machineable and may be polished to a mirror finish.
The technology allows us to weld cast iron and dissimilar metals while eliminating problems associated with cracks and side arcing. FSM O 1-625 welds most types of ferrous and nonferrous metals or joins any combination of dissimilar metals, except white metals.
Cold cast iron weld repair
DC reverse polarity FSM O 1-625 superior advantages are:
- High strength factor
- High frictional wear resistance
- All position welding ease
- Safe, solid weld on most ferrous, nonferrous and dissimilar metals in all combinations
- Tough, crack free, easily machineable
- Easy arc control, little or no preheat or post heat required
- Tensile strength: 110,000 PSI
- Hardness: Rc 20-23
Complete welding and heat treating capabilities on:
- Integral root radial seals
- Partitions and blade rings
- Set-back faces
- Crush pins
- Packing and seal hook fits
FSM is well known for welding and heat treating joints, root radial seals, partitions, blade rings, crush pins, packing hook and seal fits, qualified welding procedures, certified welders, metallurgist, and metallurgical testing solutions.