It’s Not a Catch Line, it’s a Culture
For Turbine Technology Services (TTS) and Reciprocating Technology Services (RTS), safety is not a gadget but rather an attitude.
We have our slogan, our signs and banners, our tailgate meetings, etc., but more notably, we simply look out for each other.
Our goals are to proactively eliminate and/or control the hazards to eliminate the risk or reduce the severity. Veriforce and ISNetworld are fully engaged and help us with compliance issues. We have several proactive safety culture factors that we like to hang our hat on including:
- There is visible leadership commitment at all levels of the organisation
- There is a lack of competing priorities – safety matters most
- Opportunities for improvement are identified and resolved before a problem occurs
- There is regular, facility-wide communication on health and safety topics
- Managers spend an adequate amount of time out on the shop floor or in the field where the people are
- Employees feel comfortable reporting safety issues to their supervisors
- Safety is viewed as an investment, not a cost
The big difference that we recognise, all TTS Energy Service employees throughout the organisation are empowered with the necessary resources and authority to find and fix problems as they see them. We work in dangerous environments with a lot of moving parts, and, yes, incidents will happen. But if we spend just a little time caring for each other, we will all go home healthy.